Working as part of RISD’s creative community
» View / apply to academic and administrative positions now open
Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) continues to build on a distinguished history of providing innovative leadership in art and design education through its commitment to creative experimentation and risk taking. This progressive, inquisitive attitude permeates our campus culture, supporting the 2,450 undergraduate and graduate students, along with the 1,000 faculty members, curators, administrative and support staff who form our community.
As an employer, RISD offers a supportive, collegial and inclusive work environment and a competitive benefits package.
Among the benefits we offer are:
- access to medical and dental insurance plans that help you and your family stay healthy
- a 403 (b) retirement plan with generous employer contributions
- the availability of TIAA financial advisors to help you plan for your financial future
- generous paid time off (including paid holidays)
- flexible work arrangements that promote work/life balance
- a conveniently located on-campus fitness center and discounted membership at the Brown University gym
- access to an Employee Assistance Program, which provides confidential and comprehensive assistance with personal and work-related challenges
- tuition remission support for your dependents
- the option of establishing a tax-saving Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- the option of establishing a tax-saving Health Savings Account (HSA) with employer contributions
Opportunities for growth and development
- Immerse yourself in RISD’s culture. Check out campus galleries, sit in on student critiques at the end of each semester and participate in a variety of events throughout the year.
- Visit the RISD Museum to explore its rich collection of more than 100,000 objects at your leisure and enjoy interesting programming at little or no cost.
- Access the immense resources available at the Fleet Library at RISD.
- Discover, nurture and embrace your creative side by enrolling in RISD Continuing Education courses at discounted or no cost to you and members of your immediate family.
- Participate in professional and personal development opportunities – such as courses through the Rhode Island Higher Education Consortium and RISD Learns – in addition to options for professional development through your own office or department.
- Take advantage of free registration for thousands of courses available at Lynda.com.
- Tap into Educational Assistance options to support continued learning.
All RISD employees also enjoy:
- discounts at RISD Dining facilities, the RISD Store, the RISD:3D Store and other on-campus retail venues
- discounts with various organizations such as affiliated phone service providers, along with group rates on auto and home insurance
- Rhode Island Public Transit Authority bus passes to commute to and from work
- access to RISD parking lots close to campus
- interest-free financing when you purchase or upgrade your personal computer using our Computer Loan Program
- year-round multicultural community programming for you, your family and friends
In short, if you find a position at RISD, you’ll become part of a supportive community of staff, faculty and students that thrives on creativity and innovation.
Please email Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about working at RISD.
Students seeking career guidance
If you are a student looking for employment or internship opportunities, visit RISD’s Career Center for resources and information on jobs, entrepreneurship opportunities and to connect with RISD’s extensive network of alumni.
Employers seeking creative talent
If you are an employer interested in hiring RISD students/graduates, please visit RISD’s Career Center site to post jobs, view résumés and find other helpful resources.